Bespoke Art and Craft events for Group visits, Schools, Birthday Parties, Hen Do's, Team Building, and Private Tuition.
Workshops are tailored to suit the needs and interests of your group. Each session is 2 hours. Here are some of our popular subject ideas.
- Candle Making Wax cast in sand or containters
- Jewellery - resin charms, upcycled jewellery, fimo.
- Beach Crafts, Mobiles, pebble art, mosaics or Sand Casting
- Textiles - Choose from: Felt Making - Crochet - Knitting, Fabric Printing - bunting, Shibori Tie dye - drawing with stitch
- Soap Making - Using natural ingredients.
- Paper Crafts - Decoupage, Paper Making, Paper Cutting..
We offer a variety of artist led workshops, from 2 hours to full days.
- Sculpture - Relief carving in plaster, Environmental Beach Sculpture, Wire Sculpture and
Breeze block carving (a 1 day workshop).
- Guided Drawing Walks choices of Wild Plants on the Coastal Path, Landscapes, Townscapes & Buildings or Beach Life,
- Mini-Masterpiece! - Study the work of a famous St Ives Artist for inspiration, to create your own painting Choose form: Patrick Heron, Alfred Wallis, Sandra Blow or Peter Lanyon or Bryan Pearce.
- Painting Classes - Choose from Watercolour, Acrylic or Oil painting sessions, for all levels.
- Printing Methods- Mono- printing, Fabric Printing bags, T shirts etc) and lino and stamp printing.
- Art history Tours of St Ives
- Portrait Drawing
Book a 2 hour art or craft activity for your chllds party, and let us do the cleaning up afterwards. In addition to the above subjects we can also offer
- Beach Crafts (Mobiles, pebble drawing or mosaics).
- Plaster Casting with beach finds
- Upcycled jewellery making
- Tie - Dying T shirts
- Paint a little canvas
- Design and print a beach bag
We can arrange a 1:1 private tuition, either at Barnoon Workshop or in some cases we can come to you. for many of the above subjects including:
- Drawing for beginners, or advanced classes on specific subjects including portraits, landscapes, townscapes etc.
- Acrylic, Oil or Watercolour painting
- Printing - mono printing, lino cutting, simple screen printing
- Guitar lessons
Get in touch to discuss your requirements.
Prices & How to Book
Our space can accommodate around 16 participants indoors (depending on subject). For larger groups we can work out doors or hire additional space. There may also be an additional charge for materials depending on your chosen subject - please ask.
- Minimum price for a party size up to 6 people is £75 for a 2 hour session, plus an additional £10 per head for each extra person over six people.
- Minimum price for group up to 16 people for half day session - £150
- Minimum Price for a Full day session for up to 16 people - £300
Please email or message us with your dates to discuss your requirements, availability, and subject.
Please ask for a quote for larger group sizes
Large Groups and School Parties
We can cater for large school groups and offer a variety of art programs, from 2 hours to a full day. We can tailor activities to suit primary, secondary school or college groups, with subjects including drawing, painting, sculpture and environmental sculpture. The Starting Price for school groups are:
- a 2 hour slot starts at £150 for group sizes up to 18
- Full day costs start at £300 for groups up to 18.
- For group sizes up to a maximum of 40 is £300, for half a day (3 hours)